Monday, June 12, 2006

Let Down Turned Around

Originally Written (November 4, 2005)

In about 30 minutes I will be boarding a flight home to see my dad and Family. We are celebrating Dad’s 50th birthday. Mom is flying me home as a surprise.

On another note I wanted to talk about the journey and challenge faced already in Charlotte. The finding an apartment, a church, and many other things that has happened, because the story reminds me, God is in control.

I came down this summer expecting to learn a lot on my internship, with the Cabarrus Baptist Association, but expectations were not met. I went to at least six different churches this summer to help with VBS; every teacher was weak in content and delivery to especially the youth. I found myself getting frustrated both at my internship and Cracker Barrel.

I was not making the money or the hours promised prior to being hired. Money was tight the whole time, and still is but not as bad. I was trying to find an apartment that was affordable and well located for me. I was not having any luck finding an apartment. They were either located poorly or wanted too large of a deposit.

During all this I kept saying to God, “When are you going to work this all out!” I wanted my requests answered now, not later. I called John Johnson to see if he could help me out. He gave me some suggestions, but one stuck out. John J. thought I could become a teacher. He had heard of a program for people with bachelors degrees can teach and work on getting their license the first couple years teaching. So I looked into it.

The next day I received a call from a principal wanting to interview me. A month and a half later I had my first day as a teacher in my own classroom.

Sure there are some things I would like solved right now, but I can wait for God’s time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home